So this project wasn't in the kitchen but I had a BLAST putting it together. My MIL was hitting the big 65 today and Joe and I were at a loss as to what to get her. So, trying to think outside the box, I decided to make her a "Senior Citizen Survival Kit". I knew that she would enjoy the laugh and get a kick out of it. Here's what it included:
- A big pair of clown glasses~to help you see things far away
- Magnifying glass~to help you see things up close
- A bag of rubberbands~to give you flexibility
- Starbursts~for a "BURST" of energy
- Tylenol~for your aches and pains
- A fan~to keep you cool
- Fiber bars~to keep you "going"
- A bag of kisses~because we love you
- A jar of baby food~to help you adjust to softer foods
- Toothpicks~to keep your eyelids open after 7:00 pm
- Denture cleaner~for that dazzling smile
- Red hots~to put the fire back into your life
- A whistle~for when you've fallen and can't get back up
- A fly swatter~to keep away the things that bug you
I labeled each item and put it in a shoebox sized tote (all except the fly swatter, it didn't fit) and decorated it with shapes and letters I cut out with my Cricut. I then tied a big bow around the whole thing. Here are the pictures I took of each item. I forgot to take a picture of the fly swatter and didn't realize it until after I had put it in a gift bag and stuffed it with tissue paper. Oh well.