Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dark Chocolate Macaroons

For Mother's Day I decided to make cookie arrangements for the women in my life. I then thought I needed to do something special for my mamacita. I knew that one of her fav's is dark chocolate macaroons. I searched for the perfect macaroon recipe and decided on this one from the Barefoot Contessa (I ♥ her!!). They were so moist and yummy! I would definitely use this recipe again!
  • 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
  • 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 extra-large egg whites, at room temperature
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.

I then drizzled Extra Dark Guittard Chocolate over each one. I doubled this recipe too (you can just never be too sure) and ended up with extra macaroons. I put the extra baggies of cookies in the freezer and they froze rather nicely. I just pulled a bag out 2 nights ago when I had a sweet tooth (when don't I) and they tasted just as good as the day I made them!

No comments:

Post a Comment