Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patty's Day

My classroom had a nice little visit from Brian O'Mally the leprechaun today before leaving school. He walked all over the ceiling leaving leprechaun footprints scattered about, left a note on the whiteboard and decorated the classroom in green. Ahh now THIS is what I love about teaching first grade!!

Over the last couple days, I have been working on some St. Patrick's Day cookies for work. I used a sugar cookie that I LOVE and decided to add ground up chocolate chips to it. I don't know if I would do this again unless someone requested it. It really didn't taste all that different. Here is the finished product



So, then on to the cupcakes for my class. Originally I was going to dye the cake batter green, but I used most of my green food coloring on my cookies. So, I used a boxed white cake mix. I went with applesauce instead of oil because I had applesauce left over from my Lemon Cake. Once the cupcakes came out of the oven I waited for them to cool and piped green buttercream frosting into each cupcake. I then topped it off with white buttercream frosting and a few green sprinkles.

Tah-Dah!! I think I can say I am ready for St. Patty's Day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment